Skip to content
The rules are for the safety of all those taking part and the event’s smooth running
- Age limits are as stated on the Entry Form.
- The Country Code must be obeyed at all times.
- Class “A” and “B” roads are not to be used, unless the route directions on a checkpoint board direct you to do so. Obviously, MOTORWAYS are not to be used at any time during the walk. ALL route instructions must be followed.
- Team members must walk in single file on all roads, & on footpaths across fields.
- All members of a team must stay together over the whole route. Remember – this is a team competition. Placings can only be gained by a team finishing complete.
- Dangerous knives, radios or cassette players are forbidden, but there is no ban on satellite positioning equipment.
- Teams may be pulled out of the event if they are more than 60 minutes late at a checkpoint. No teams will be allowed to continue if they are unfit to do so, or if they cannot make camp by nightfall on Saturday, or the finish by 1pm on Sunday.
- No assistance is to be given to teams by leaders, which would give their teams an unfair advantage. Please limit your help to encouragement! Teeni Trackers are the exception.
- The Committee reserves the right to deduct penalty points from, or disqualify, any team not observing these rules. The committee’s decision is final.
- Any team member dropping out during the event must report to a Marshall before doing so. An Emergency Telephone number will be given to all teams at the start.